The Peoria Park District hires without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, or disability. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply. AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED, applications and resumes for all positions will continue to be reviewed until position is filled. To ensure full consideration applications and resumes should be forwarded in a timely manner to Peoria Park District Human Resources.
Applications can be filled out on-line at: http://www.peoriaparks.org/join-our-team/employment-opportunities/employment-applications-information/
POSITION: Part-Time (Average 24-28 hours/week)
- High school diploma or equivalent is desired.
- Background and some work experience in custodial building maintenance and grounds keeping.
- Ability to operate standard mechanized cleaning equipment.
- Ability to prepare facility for programs, meetings, and rentals according to daily schedule.
- Ability to perform routine grounds keeping functions as directed.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Assisting in maintaining the appearance and cleanliness of all designated areas of the zoo.
- Monitoring of maintenance supplies, equipment and tools.
- Assisting in animal moves and loading as necessary.
- Assisting in programs and promotions of the Zoo.
- Keeping maintenance areas neat and orderly.
All other duties as assigned.
- Starting wage is $9.50 per hour. Evenings, weekends, and holidays may be required.
Peoria Zoo Safari Gift Shop / Admissions
POSITION: Part-Time (3-4 days per week, including weekends, nights, holidays)
- Experience working with computers and handling money.
- Experience in retail and/or customer service preferred
$8.25/hour starting wage.
For more information, please contact Mary Mulay at (309) 681-3505.
Applications can be mailed to or dropped off at the Noble Center
1125 W. Lake Avenue in Lakeview Park (Mon-Fri, 8 am-4:30 pm)
Applications will be reviewed until position is filled.