The Peoria Park District hires without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, or disability. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply. AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED, applications and resumes for all positions will continue to be reviewed until position is filled. To ensure full consideration applications and resumes should be forwarded in a timely manner to Peoria Park District Human Resources.
Applications can be filled out on-line at: http://www.peoriaparks.org/join-our-team/employment-opportunities/employment-applications-information/
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- One year of full-time experience in the care and maintenance of wild and/or domestic animals preferred.
- Four year college degree in related field. Although a degree is preferred, extensive experience in a like position may be substituted for all or part of the educational requirement.
- Requires Class “D” driver’s license.
- Ability to work harmoniously with the public and fellow employees in a positive and cooperative manner.
- Caring for the exotic and domestic animals in the Peoria Zoo’s collection.
- Cleaning and disinfecting displays and off-site areas in a timely and efficient manner.
- Maintaining accurate records and paperwork necessary to maintain a captive animal population.
- Support all aspects of Peoria Park District safety procedures
- Salary range is $9.00 – $9.50 per hour
POSITION: Part Time
- Bachelor’s Degree in communications, environmental science or education is preferred. Knowledge of basic zoology or biology is helpful. Although a degree is preferred, experience in a like position with similar duties and responsibilities may be substituted for all or part of the educational preference.
- Minimum of two years’ experience working with computers especially with social media and website design/update. Knowledge of video editing software helpful.
- Must be able to demonstrate proficient communication skills, attention to detail and the ability to work with staff who occupy positions at various levels throughout the organization.
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to prioritize tasks to meet deadlines.
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot familiar computer and network problems.
- Prepare and distribute media tools regarding the Zoo’s conservation, research, education and other efforts.
- Aid in developing and updating the Zoo’s website and social media schedule that reinforces the significance and relevancy of Peoria Zoo programs.
- Research and recommend additional electronic forms of marketing and aid in securing impactful social media placements.
- Perform special IT/data projects as assigned by the Collections Curator.
- Aid in preparation of grant proposals.
- Follow all safety procedures that pertain to the duties performed and support all aspects of the Park District’s safety program.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Under the supervision of the Collections Curator.
- Average of 16 hours/week. Starting wage is $11.00 per hour
ZOO AND GARDEN GIFT SHOP/ADMISSION STAFF
POSITION: Part-Time (3-4 days per week, including weekends)
Experience working with computers and handling money.
Experience in retail and/or customer service preferred.
For more information, please contact Mary Mulay at (309) 681-3505.
Applications can be mailed to or dropped off at the Noble Center at 1125 W. Lake Avenue in Lakeview Park (Mon-Fri, 8 am-4:30 pm)
Applications will be reviewed until position is filled.