The Peoria Park District hires without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, or disability. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply. AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED, applications and resumes for all positions will continue to be reviewed until position is filled. To ensure full consideration applications and resumes should be forwarded in a timely manner to Peoria Park District Human Resources.
Applications can be filled out on-line at: http://www.peoriaparks.org/join-our-team/employment-opportunities/employment-applications-information/
Rental & Concession Manager Peoria Zoo Lodge
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Hospitality Management or closely related field preferred. An exceptional service record in these fields may substitute for part or the entire educational requirement.
• Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in food sales, customer service, POS systems and cash control measures. Additional experience of personnel management and computer software applications preferred.
• Ability to plan, organize, implement, supervise and evaluate critical program components within rental/concession departmental functions.
• Must hold Health Department Certification.
• Knowledge of best practices within the areas of bookkeeping and general record keeping.
• Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with co-workers, other park district personnel, vendors and the general public.
- Planning, implementing, administering, operating and evaluating all aspects of rental and concession initiatives and activities. These include but are not limited to food services, vending and rental sales.
• Providing rental/concession staff with on-going training, leadership and motivation to support excellence in guest relations.
• Serving as on-site observer, as needed, to maintain quality control of rental/concession operations.
• Designing and maintaining an effective annual budget, plus corresponding control mechanisms to ensure fiscal goals are reached.
• Ensuring that guest concerns are addressed promptly and professionally.
• Handling special projects as assigned by the Zoo Director.
• Following and supporting all aspects of the Park District’s safety program.
• Performing all other duties as assigned.
- Works under minimal supervision of the Peoria Zoo Director
• Weekend, evening and holiday hours are required.
• Salary range is $38,000 to $40,000 annually.
• Generous benefits package provided.
POSITION: Part-Time (Average 24-28 hours/week)
- • High school diploma or equivalent is desired.
• Background and some work experience in custodial building maintenance and grounds keeping.
• Ability to operate standard mechanized cleaning equipment.
• Ability to prepare facility for programs, meetings, and rentals according to daily schedule.
• Ability to perform routine grounds keeping functions as directed.
• Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Assisting in maintaining the appearance and cleanliness of all designated areas of the zoo.
• Monitoring of maintenance supplies, equipment and tools.
• Assisting in animal moves and loading as necessary.
• Assisting in programs and promotions of the Zoo.
• Keeping maintenance areas neat and orderly.
• All other duties as assigned.
- Starting wage is $9.50 per hour.
• Evenings, weekends, and holidays may be required.
POSITION: Part Time
- Bachelor’s Degree in communications, environmental science or education is preferred. Knowledge of basic zoology or biology is helpful. Although a degree is preferred, experience in a like position with similar duties and responsibilities may be substituted for all or part of the educational preference.
- Minimum of two years’ experience working with computers especially with social media and website design/update. Knowledge of video editing software helpful.
- Must be able to demonstrate proficient communication skills, attention to detail and the ability to work with staff who occupy positions at various levels throughout the organization.
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to prioritize tasks to meet deadlines.
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot familiar computer and network problems.
- Prepare and distribute media tools regarding the Zoo’s conservation, research, education and other efforts.
- Aid in developing and updating the Zoo’s website and social media schedule that reinforces the significance and relevancy of Peoria Zoo programs.
- Research and recommend additional electronic forms of marketing and aid in securing impactful social media placements.
- Perform special IT/data projects as assigned by the Collections Curator.
- Aid in preparation of grant proposals.
- Follow all safety procedures that pertain to the duties performed and support all aspects of the Park District’s safety program.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Under the supervision of the Collections Curator.
- Average of 16 hours/week. Starting wage is $11.00 per hour
ZOO AND GARDEN GIFT SHOP/ADMISSION STAFF
POSITION: Part-Time (3-4 days per week, including weekends)
Experience working with computers and handling money.
Experience in retail and/or customer service preferred.
For more information, please contact Mary Mulay at (309) 681-3505.
Applications can be mailed to or dropped off at the Noble Center
1125 W. Lake Avenue in Lakeview Park (Mon-Fri, 8 am-4:30 pm)
Applications will be reviewed until position is filled.