The Peoria Park District hires without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, or disability. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply. AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED, applications and resumes for all positions will continue to be reviewed until position is filled. To ensure full consideration applications and resumes should be forwarded in a timely manner to Peoria Park District Human Resources.
Applications can be filled out on-line at: http://www.peoriaparks.org/join-our-team/employment-opportunities/employment-applications-information/
POSITION: Part-Time (Average 24-28 hours/week)
- High school diploma or equivalent is desired.
- Background and some work experience in custodial building maintenance and grounds keeping.
- Ability to operate standard mechanized cleaning equipment.
- Ability to prepare facility for programs, meetings, and rentals according to daily schedule.
- Ability to perform routine grounds keeping functions as directed.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Assisting in maintaining the appearance and cleanliness of all designated areas of the zoo.
- Monitoring of maintenance supplies, equipment and tools.
- Assisting in animal moves and loading as necessary.
- Assisting in programs and promotions of the Zoo.
- Keeping maintenance areas neat and orderly.
All other duties as assigned.
- Starting wage is $9.50 per hour. Evenings, weekends, and holidays may be required.
Curatorial Assistant / Medical
POSITION: Part-Time (Average 24 hours/week)
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred; knowledge of medical care preferred. Although a degree is preferred, experience in a like position with similar duties and responsibilities may be substituted for all or part of the education preference.
- Minimum of three years of experience in the maintenance of exotic and/or domestic animals required. Experience in veterinary clinic setting is preferred.
- Must be able to demonstrate proficient computer skills, attention to detail and the ability to work with staff who occupy positions at various levels throughout the organization.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing. Ability to follow written and oral instructions.
- Requires a valid Class “D” driver’s license.
- Assist with inventorying and acquiring medical supplies.
- Assist with clerical tasks associated with animal veterinary program, including, but not limited to: use of specialized software, ZIMS, to record test results and medical notes; filing reports.
- Prepare necessary equipment for veterinary procedures.
- Assist with veterinary procedures as assigned by Curator of Animals. Includes the preparation and transport of medical samples as needed.
- Inventory of clinic equipment and pharmaceuticals.
- Maintenance of clinic according to stringent standards of cleanliness and organization.
- Assist Curator of Animals in oversight of animal quarantine schedules and care.
- Assist with parasite control program, including, but not limited to: preparation of collection containers and associated record keeping.
- Oversee rotation of animal feed to insure proper nutrition of collection.
- Follow all safety procedures that pertain to the duties performed. Support all aspects of the Park District’s safety program.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Pay range: $9.50 – 9.75 per hour.
- Average of 24 hours per week.
- Under general supervision by the Curator of Animals.
Peoria Zoo Safari Gift Shop / Admissions
POSITION: Part-Time (3-4 days per week, including weekends, nights, holidays)
- Experience working with computers and handling money.
- Experience in retail and/or customer service preferred
$8.25/hour starting wage.
For more information, please contact Mary Mulay at (309) 681-3505.
Applications can be mailed to or dropped off at the Noble Center
1125 W. Lake Avenue in Lakeview Park (Mon-Fri, 8 am-4:30 pm)
Applications will be reviewed until position is filled.